August 30, 2012

Review ~ Homecoming by Richelle Mead


Genre: YA PNR
Length: 368 pages (e-book)
Series: Vampire Academy short story
Released: 28 August, 2012
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Have you ever been tempted to look into the future? To challenge predictions? To question fate? It's human nature to wonder about life's twists and turns. But is the future already written—or do you have the power to alter it?

From fantastical prophecies to predictions of how the future will transpire, Foretold is a collection of stories about our universal fascination with life's unknowns and of what is yet to come as interpreted by 14 of young adult fiction's brightest stars.




My Thoughts:

Homecoming

I love Richelle's books and i'm a huge fan of the VA, but this story is really for the extreme Dimitri fans. I'm sure they'll love it. It was a bit boring for me. Rose was still entertaining, though, and the subplot with a strigoi called Blood King hiding in caves on a mountain and killing humans who are idiot enough to go there and try to stake the vampire reminded me of the Yeti or the Grinch was quite interesting, but unfortunately it only took 2 or 3 pages to take him down and I wanted to know who was he and why was he there, especially since the big deal was that he was REALLY old. And that is why it's weird that they killed him easily enough.

Yes, I know this is a short story and all, but even the family reunion scenes were a bit boring. Hell, I think we need a new VA novel more than short stories like this!

I have to share this quote:

“Nothing like a little rock climbing,” I said cheerfully, hoisting my backpack over my shoulder. “This could almost be a vacation, if not for the, you know, potentially dying part.”
Mark held up a hand to shield his eyes from the sun as he regarded Dimitri and me. “Something tells me you’re the kind of people whose vacations always end up that way.”

It was OK.





DhesiX Web Developer

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree-Yes, I know this is a short story and all, but even the family reunion scenes were a bit boring. Hell, I think we need a new VA novel more than short stories like this!

    I, too, found it boring for the most part. The relationship between Rose and Dimitri felt a bit off and 2 pages discussing Hot Dogs!

    Please Rachel, go back to VA and one more book to truly close out the Rose/Dimitri story, so much left unsaid about them..

    ReplyDelete