April 3, 2013

Jeaniene Frost March 29 Twitter Chat


On March 29th, Jeaniene Frost and her audio book narrator Tavia Gilbert had a Twitter chat where they answered questions tweeted to her by fans. You can read the transcript here or if you want you can scroll through the hashtag #Frostchat to see Jeaniene's/Tavia 's answers to readers' questions.

They were great!





Possible IAN book

Chloé Marino @tacobell83
@Jeaniene_Frost Heard you recently said Ian was finally getting a book. Is that true? :) And @taviagilbert I love your narration

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
I've said "maybe" to an Ian book, tho I do have a heroine in mind if he grows up enough to handle her ;)

I get more requests for an Ian book than any other character who hasn't been written about yet


Narrating and listening Jf audio books


Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
@taviagilbert Since people ask me all the time abt writing them, what it's like to narrate certain *ahem* scene.?

Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
@Jeaniene_Frost Ah! I enjoy the challenge. All about the breath. Breath is the body language of voice acting, especially when...

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
If I had to "voice out" love scenes, they would all be fade-to-black. Believe it or not, I embarrass easily.

Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
Voicing @Jeaniene_Frost's work is a pleasure...the scenes are a blast to narrate!

Sean McManus @SeanMMcManus
@Jeaniene_Frost Do you listen to your audiobooks read by @taviagilbert ? Does it make you look at your books in a different way!?
Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
At first it was too surreal to hear my own words being read back to me. Now I can enjoy it.

Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
@Jeaniene_Frost If there were T-shirts, I'd wear one. Actually...a listener made a T for me. "I'm the narrator of chapter 32!"


Favorite Characters & Dream Movie cast



Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
@Jeaniene_Frost Do you have favorite characters to write, or do you enjoy them all equally?

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
I'm fickle. Whoever I'm writing at the time is my favorite character.

Rissa @lovingcharmed
@Jeaniene_Frost would u ever consider taking one of ur Cat & Bones's books & make it into a movie?

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
Movies aren't up to me. They're up to Hollywood and so far, Hollywood hasn't come calling for NH or NP books.

Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
@Jeaniene_Frost Do you have the movie versions cast in your head? I wonder who might appear as your characters.

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
I don't have actors mentally picked out for my characters, if Hollywood ever came calling (they haven't yet :)).

(corrected later) Wait, exception: Oded Fehr (as Antoine in Deuce Bigalo) has always been my version of Mencheres.

Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
@Jeaniene_Frost Hollywood, like Italy, doesn't know what it's missing! What/who is the next book? Can you share?

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
I'm writing Up from the Grave, Cat & Bones #7, right now. Due out very end of 2013, I believe.


Keep up the IAN Love


Katarina Lima @katharyna_linda
@Jeaniene_Frost I'm sure if you have a book about Ian fai be perfect. I rooting for you to write about Ian.

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
Maybe one day. Ian's gotten closer to where he can be whipped into hero/anti-hero material.


once burned Italian rigths


Selly @SellyMoon
Hi Jeaniene! I'm italian and I'd like to know if Once Burned and Twice Tempted will be released soon in Italy!

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
I'm sorry to say that Italy hasn't purchased either title yet. I hope they do!

Erika Tsang @ErikaTsang
Italian rights were sold for ONCE BURNED, though I don't know their pub sched.


ode to vlad


Missy Robinson @mrobinson12
@Jeaniene_Frost finished Twice Tempted and l I LOVED it! Your Vlad is the best Vlad character out there in any series ever!!

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
Thank you! Vlad is such a complicated, fascinating, maddening character to write, but I love it.


heroines vs. author


Rachel Elizabeth @Rachel498
@Jeaniene_Frost Do you think you have more in common with Cat or Leila? I love them both!

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
Probably more in common w/Leila. She can kill people, but she doesn't like to. Cat's a little more bloodthirsty ;)


Writing method

Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
@Jeaniene_Frost Do you map out your books before you write, or discover the plot as you go along?

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
I do light outlines. Like Mapquest directions: I know where I'm going, but not what I'll see along the way


narrating method and some tim roth

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
@taviagilbert How do you prep to narrate? Do you read the whole book first, or act out as you go along?

Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
@Jeaniene_Frost I ALWAYS all read 1st, making notes about anything that contributes to the voice, especially.

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
@taviagilbert Were you always a natural mimic, or did you have to train yourself to want to do different voices/accents/etc?

Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
@Jeaniene_Frost Training for 4 years as an actor "set the stage" for dialect work. I definitely have to work at it. I think my Bones voice was influenced a little bit by Tim Roth, who I adore. He's oddly sexy.

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
Ha, hubby and I are both Tim Roth fans!


classic character inspirations

Jackie Spade @JackieSpade
@Jeaniene_Frost love your use of classic characters. What first inspired you to include Marie Laveau, Vlad, etc?

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
History is one of my biggest inspirations & since I write about vampires, I can transport people forward to our time


Ian + justina = (IM)Possible romance?

Selly @SellyMoon
Ian & Justina have a feeling... is only my impression?

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
Ian would sleep w/Justina (or anyone else who holds still long enough) but I don't see them together.

Mikky O. @Mikky_Mihaela
Ian and Justina?? Really?? I'm LMAO right now :))))


funniest characters

marilyn maldonado @bm2526
@Jeaniene_Frost Which of your male characters do you think has the best sense of humor or sarcasm?

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
Sarcasm? Vlad. Humor? Bones.


will ian ever grow up?

elizabeth ziko @elizabethziko
@Jeaniene_Frost Dont ever let Ian grow up, love him the way he is {wink,wink}

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
Ian grown up would still be *Ian.* There's no taking that out of him. I'd pity @taviagilbert for narrating THAT.


deleting scenes

Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
@Jeaniene_Frost Do you ever get sidetracked, and realize you're writing another book that you have to cut & save for a spin off?

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
I've cut out sections that turned into deleted scenes for readers. Or a short story, like One for the Money.


family reactions to the naughty scenes

Jessica Sapp @JessicaSapp3
@Jeaniene_Frost What was your mom's first reaction to reading one of your love scenes that you are so great at writing?

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
I tell myself that my parents do NOT read those scenes. That's how I sleep at night :)

Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
@Jeaniene_Frost I won't let my sweet, innocent mama listen to Jeaniene's books. Haha!

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
Good :). It scars me that my 86-yr-old great-uncle reads them. His comment? "Salty!"


most desired powers

Anarchia @Kaggyn
@Jeaniene_Frost If you could have vampire powers, which ones do you like to have?

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
Ability to heal, fly, & super strength.

Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
@Jeaniene_Frost I'd shape-shift & teleport. And I love Leila's ability to intuit & understand truth by touching objects.

Anarchia @Kaggyn
@Jeaniene_Frost @taviagilbert Fly!!! ... and a radar to find ian (exists?)


authors for authors

Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
@Jeaniene_Frost Are you friends with other paranormal writers? Do you have occasion to talk and support each other?

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
For authors, my two regular critiquers are @melissa_marr & @ilona_andrews . Other critique reader is @syd_gill. I'm very lucky. They all make me a much better writer (as does editor @ErikaTsang , of course).

Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
@Jeaniene_Frost I've met @ilona_andrews' narrator, Renee Raudman, several times. She's awesome!

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
@taviagilbert Are audio narrators like authors and have "critique partners" w/other narrators on your performances?

Tavia Gilbert @taviagilbert
@Jeaniene_Frost We don't critique each other, but we might help each other figure out the best way to do something.


what's coming?

Rachel Elizabeth @Rachel498
@Jeaniene_Frost So you're finishing Up From the Grave, right? Then do you go on to the 3rd Vlad and Leila book?

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
My current writing schedule is Up from the Grave, book in new Realmwalker series, & then Vlad & Leila 3. Busy, busy!


angel vs spike, bill vs eric

Kristy Barner @Topcat712
@Jeaniene_Frost An ever-pressing question that the world just HAS to know... Angel or Spike? (also, Bill or Eric?)

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
Angel and Eric.


twice temped and vlad loving

Missy Robinson @mrobinson12
@Jeaniene_Frost finished Twice Tempted and l I LOVED it! Your Vlad is the best Vlad character out there in any series ever!!

Jeaniene Frost @Jeaniene_Frost
Thank you! Vlad is such a complicated, fascinating, maddening character to write, but I love it.




So, I hope I haven't missed anything important and you, who couldn't be there still enjoyed this. :) 

And With the release of her HAWT vampire leader,Vlad's second book Twice TemptedTsk, Tsk, What to Read? and The Secret Sanctuary of Books have joined forces to bring you a fun and easy read-along. The event will begin on April 15. Click here for detals!

DhesiX Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment