April 1, 2012

Review ~ Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward


Title: Lover Awakened
Author: J.R. Ward
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood  (Book 3)
Publisher: Signet Eclipse (September 5, 2006)
In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there’s a deadly war raging between vampires and their slayers. And there exists a secret band of brothers like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Of these, Zsadist is the most terrifying member of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

A former blood slave, the vampire Zsadist still bears the scars from a past filled with suffering and humiliation. Renowned for his unquenchable fury and sinister deeds, he is a savage feared by humans and vampires alike. Anger is his only companion, and terror is his only passion—until he rescues a beautiful aristocrat from the evil Lessening Society.Bella is instantly entranced by the seething power Zsadist possesses.

But even as their desire for one another begins to overtake them both, Zsadist’s thirst for vengeance against Bella’s tormentors drives him to the brink of madness. Now, Bella must help her lover overcome the wounds of his tortured past, and find a future with her…


Now that is what I was talking about! After I literally suffered through the second book, I was afraid of this. In the previous book, my favorite characters were Zsadist and Bella even though they were just side characters, and after what happened with Bella in it, I could not wait to read Lover Awakened.
It was soooooo much better, than Rhage’s book. I Love that it has three story lines, and all three is either interesting or exciting. The main plot of course was the romance between Bella and Zsadist. And it did not annoy me at all!! Yes, it was rough sometimes, but it was still heartbreakingly beautiful (and I don’t say that often!).  I think that Ward started their story in the previous book helped a lot. The book was thrilling from the beginning and we didn’t have to read boring introductions that lead to the main plot… The two subplots were Zsadist’s life story and Mr. O’s obsession with Bella.

In book two, Phury – Zsadist’s twin- tells Bella, that "My twin's not broken. He's ruined. Do you understand the difference?” Well, yes, I do now and I won’t arguing with him. Zsadist went through Hell and even though he came back, part of him stayed there. The part that makes him feels alive. Sometimes he’s just like a scared teen boy – which I completely understand with his past-, who you want to hug – not that he would let you do it. The connection between Zsadist and his twin brother, Phury is really touching. The fact that they both are attracted to Bella creates a few complications, but instead of torn them apart, it brings them closer to each other.  And it becomes clear, that they would do anything for the other. I LOVE PHURY and can’t help it!

Mr. O kidnapped Bella at the end of the second book and became obsessed with her. He calls her his wife and not willing to kill her or let her go. This makes him insane. In my opinion, He was a really good villain in this book. All his planning made me chewing my nail nervously, because his plans were so evil and I did not know if he will succeed or not. I rarely felt now that scenes of his POV were unnecessary.

Bella is a strong character. She knows what she wants, and she goes for it. And she avenges herself. I love women with balls!! The romance between her and Zsadist is like an emotional roller coaster, thanks to Z ;)

WARNING: You will be shocked/upset/mad maybe you will even cry at close to the end of the book when something horrible will happen. I was SHOCKED!

John is in the book as well and I still have no f*cking idea who is he exactly. Why he has those dreams????  Oh and Vishous did something to Butch and I’m freakin’ curious why he had to do that. Even though the next book is Butch’s, I am not so excited to read it simply, because he’s not my favorite and I care about him less than I do for example, Phury or Rehvenge, but since it’s a group read I have enough motivation.

The lesser are still not convinced me about that they’re the big bad wolves…

Anyway, overall I LOVED this book. There was something, that really annoyed me somewhere at the beginning, but I completely forgot what it was, because I enjoyed so much the rest of the book.

Favorite quotes:

"Tohr better pray to God she's still alive when I find her tonight. Or I will have his fucking head, brother or no brother."
“ Christ. Butch must have already told Vishous. The two were like an old mated couple, no secrets between them. And V would squeal to Rhage. And once Rhage knew, you might as well have popped the news flash on the Reuters wire. “
"Z... what are you doing up?"
"Giving the medical staff a workout." He shut the door and weaved into the room, heading for the bed.
"They're pretty damn fast, actually."
Z rubbed his eyes. "You're ugly without all that hair, you know."
"That mean you're going to grow some?"
"Nah. My beauty-queen days are over."


Favorite character(s): Zsadist, Bella, Phury
Favorite Scene(s): My favorite part was when Phury switched places with Zsadist. That was HEROIC! Although I would hate Ward, if Phury would have been killed. Just sayin'.

 


DhesiX Web Developer

No comments:

Post a Comment