March 6, 2012

30 Days of Hunger Games-Day 13




Welcome Tributes!
I 've heard that You made it past the reaping! Congrats!
But, You're Still far from the end...
Are you ready for your first battle?



First Challenge: 
The battle of poets!
Your perfect weapon to successfully complete today's challenge is a pen and your creativity! 



Write a Limerick!
The theme is the Hunger Games, of course.


  • To begin, a limerick is a funny little poem containing five lines.
  • The rhyme scheme is AABBA. In other words, Lines One, Two, and Five all rhyme with each other, and Lines Three and Four rhyme with each other. 
  • Lines 1, 2, and 5 generally have seven to ten syllables, while lines 3 and 4 have only five to seven syllables


Here's an example (writer: Jordyn)


Finnick is in Catching Fire
Of looking at him no one tires
Suzanne wrote him well
He's hotter than hell
I wonder which actor they'll hire.


  • You can write about basically anything within the hunger games theme. 
  • One entry per person! 
  • Email your Limerick to Ellen at vampyreprincess109@gmail.com . Don't forget to include your name and what district you're from!


The best three competitors (Ellen's choice) will automatically advance to the next round.
We will put the others' name into the "reaping ball" and four randomly selected tribute will be eliminated from the Games. (yes, we're that evil!!)

We don't expect master wordcrafts! 
Just make it funny and follow the rules and try to be creative and try to be the best ;-)

DEADLINE: Day 16 (march 9.) 11:59pm UTC-8


Tributes! Let the Game begin! 
May your Muse be ever in your favour!
DhesiX Web Developer

1 comment:

  1. Alex @ Is It AmazingMarch 7, 2012 at 1:38 AM

    I love Peeta so very much
    I love that the man playing him is Hutch!
    I love seeing that Jaw
    When I see it, I go "Awww!" 
    He makes me think naughty thoughts and such!

    :D hehe, that's why I'm no writer but that's my stab at it! :)

    ReplyDelete